Kate, Sawyer, Locke, Hurley, Charlie and the Dharma Initiative From the ABC Hit TV Series ‘Lost’ Reveal Their ‘Lost Tracks’ on Six Lost EPs Available Exclusively on iTunes
LOST The Final Season premieres Tuesday, February 2 on ABC
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 2 /PRNewswire/ — As pop culture phenomenon “Lost” begins its sixth and final season on TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 2 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on ABC, fans of the ABC television series will gain a unique glimpse into the minds of characters Kate, Sawyer, Locke, Hurley and Charlie as well as the vibe of the Dharma Initiative with the release of six EPs revealing classic songs important to each of them. Appropriately for characters stranded on a remote South Pacific island, these recordings are their “Lost tracks.”
Each seven-track digital download LOST EP–individually titled Kate, Sawyer, Locke, Hurley, Charlie and Dharma–will be issued by Universal Enterprises (UMe) exclusively via iTunes beginning Tuesday, February 2, 2010, the same day as that for the season’s premiere episode for the popular, critically acclaimed, and Peabody, Golden Globe and Emmy Award winning series.
“If you want to get inside the characters’ heads, and find out what inspires and motivates them, then just push play,” stated Executive Producer, Edward Kitsis regarding the Lost Tracks EPs.
The artists heard on the LOST EPs range from classic rockers The Who, Rod Stewart, Traffic, Steppenwolf and The Kinks to new wavers Squeeze, The Specials and Elvis Costello; from country legends Patsy Cline and Hank Williams to R&B giants Marvin Gaye and Etta James. The selections, culled from the vast Universal Music Group archive, reach back to vintage gems from Muddy Waters and Chuck Berry, and ’70s tracks from Lynyrd Skynyrd and KISS, plus contributions from more contemporary artists such as Sonic Youth, The Roots and Eels.
Kate’s Tracks: LOST EP: A fugitive on the run, the strong-willed Kate Austen has a tumultuous past.
1. “Cherry Bomb” (The Runaways)
2. “Crazy” (Patsy Cline)
3. “Jack Of All Parades” (Elvis Costello)
4. “(I Know) I’m Losing You” (Rod Stewart)
5. “Another Nail In My Heart” (Squeeze)
6. “Bad Medicine” (Bon Jovi)
7. “Somebody I Used To Know” (Elliot Smith)
Sawyer’s Tracks: LOST EP: Conman James “Sawyer” Ford at first was self-centered and disliked but he becomes a trusted, courageous leader.
1. “Hair Of The Dog” (Nazareth)
2. “Bad Moon Rising (Live)” (John Fogerty)
3. “You Got That Right” (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
4. “Farther Along” (Flying Burrito Brothers)
5. “Walk Away” (The James Gang)
6. “Strutter” (KISS)
7. “Love Ain’t For Keeping” (The Who)
Locke’s Tracks: LOST EP: A man of faith and a philosopher, John Locke believes in the mystical and spiritual to explain the world.
1. “Can I Get A Witness” (Marvin Gaye)
2. “Listen To Me” (Buddy Holly)
3. “Memphis, Tennessee” (Chuck Berry)
4. “Lost Highway” (Hank Williams)
5. “Mannish Boy” (Muddy Waters)
6. “I’d Rather Go Blind” (Etta James)
7. “I Put A Spell On You” (Nina Simone)
Hurley’s Tracks: LOST EP: Winning the lottery only brings loveable Hugo “Hurley” Reyes bad luck, including stays at psychiatric hospitals.
1. “The Seed (2.0)” (The Roots)
2. “C’mon And Love Me” (KISS)
3. “Jesus” (Velvet Underground)
4. “Call Me Names” (The Specials)
5. “Goodbye Girl” (Squeeze)
6. “Shangri-Las” (The Kinks)
7. “Fresh Feeling” (Eels)
Charlie’s Tracks: LOST EP: The most obvious character to have an EP, Charlie Pace is a rock musician who conquers his drug addiction while on the island.
1. “Gasoline Alley” (Rod Stewart)
2. “Less Than Zero” (Elvis Costello)
3. “I’m One” (The Who)
4. “Going Underground” (The Jam)
5. “Dirty Boots” (Sonic Youth)
6. “Lady Godiva’s Operation” (Velvet Underground)
7. “Empty Pages” (Traffic)
Dharma Tracks – LOST EP: The Dharma Initiative was created in 1970 by Gerald and Karen DeGroot and funded by reclusive Danish industrialist and munitions magnate Alvar Hanso. It was designed as a multi-purpose social science research facility where scientists and free-thinkers from around the globe could pursue research in meteorology, psychology, parapsychology, zoology, utopian social dynamics and electromagnetism.
1. “Dharma Lady” (Geronimo Jackson)
2. “Shambala” (Three Dog Night)
3. “Hot Burrito #2″ (Flying Burrito Brothers)
4. “The Acid Queen” (The Who)
5. “The Pusher” (Steppenwolf)
6. “Heaven Is In Your Mind” (Traffic)
7. “Bell Bottom Blues” (Derek & The Dominos)
“Lost” stars Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Michael Emerson as Ben, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Ken Leung as Miles, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Terry O’Quinn as Locke and Zuleikha Robinson as Ilana.
SOURCE Universal Music Enterprises