Mariah Carey – Memoirs Of A Imperfect Angel – Listening Preview in Hong Kong: New Songs Revealed
A listening preview party for Mariah’s new album Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel was held in Hong Kong at the local Universal building. Regional marketing staff and media were invited, and two Mariah fans share their experience and describe the six songs that were played:
– Everyone knows this track…
– Mariah’s slowest jam to date, I can’t quite think of a song to compare it to…
– Very nice flow with an initmate feeling. In the middle, when Mariah sings ‘STOP’, there is a pause with no music (similar to “We Belong Together” when she sings “too deep”), bass is heavy, very slow and soulful jam.
– Very Mary J. Blige, ‘Standing O-O-O-O-O…’ Another urban/R&B type song.
– Similar in style to “Obsessed” with a little harder feel. With ‘oh oh oh’ in the chorus. There are more electric effects and a special ending.
– Much much better than the leaked demo, but the overall melody and production is the same and the baby sound is still there.
– Similar to the demo, but with an extra bridge.
– Another slow ballad… very Blackstreet.. Jodeci references in the lyrics.
– Chorus lyrics: ‘Love You Like…… love you like….’ quite lot of whispering in this song, sounds like a side-track.
I Want To Know What Love Is
– It’s got that whole “Through The Rain” vibe… breathy first chorus, then it’s “bring on the choir”.
– Piano intro, then drum, arrangement something like “Bringin’ On The Heartbreak.” Yet it also has a ‘world music’ kind of feeling (like “Fly Like a Bird”, “What More Can I Give”). The whole song is short in length
All 6 songs were produced by Tricky Stewart and The-Dream, with the addition of Big Jim in “I Want To Know What Love Is.” At least 3 singles are expected to be released from the album.
Her new album Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel in stores September 15th
Source: Mariah Daily